In this special Halloween episode I explore why witches are so threatening to capitalism. I said this episode would be shorter. It wasn’t. I talk a lot. This is the last episode as Permaculture for the People. Look out for its re-emergence as The Re-enchantment: in-against-and-beyond-capitalism.
Edited to clarify: I speak about not liking ritual: what I mean is not loving following certain prescribed or rigid rituals in my personal life. I do love collective ritual like the ones I’ve experience at Witch Camps.
Resources from this episode
- The documentary that started it all (for me): The Burning Times
- Find a Witch Camp near you!
- A bit of Gothic Marxism from China Mieville
- Verso’s series of essays honouring Caliban and the Witch
- An article from Bitch magazine about Kiki’s Delivery Service
- Make sure you check out the Horror Vanguard podcast and the movies Kiki’s Delivery Service and The Witch!!