Welcome to 2019. I invite you to step out of despair and get ready to create a movement to transform the world. In this interview I talk to Steve D’Arcy, philosophy professor, author, and climate justice activist, about strategies and tactics for building climate justice movements that can win. We touch on a lot of crucially important issues in this wide-reaching conversation. Enjoy!
Resources from this episode:
- Steve’s blog The Public Autonomy Project
- Steve’s books ‘Languages of the Unheard’ and ‘A Line in the Tar Sand’
- Check out the article ‘The Leftist case against the carbon tax’
- Naomi Klein on the Green New Deal
- The Unist’ot’en people are currently at the forefront of defending their land against pipelines. This video highlights their struggle. I urge you to support them in any way you can as the Canadian state is cracking down on these land defenders.
- An op-ed I wrote about why working class people need a good transit system.
- The Zapatistas are on of the most important examples of people saying ENOUGH to colonialism and capitalism and then moving forward to build autonomous, democratic communities. Jan 1, 2019 marked 25 years since they dramatically came to the attention of the world.
- Climate and Capitalism is a great ecosocialist resource
- Check out this excellent article by Silvia Federici and George Caffentzis about building anti-capitalist commons (and resisting cooption!)