In this episode, I tackle the climate chaos and try to leave you with a feeling of hope that we can collectively change the world for the better!
This episode is a bit longer than usual. I think the topic of hope and climate change deserves the extra time and energy. If you like my podcast please write a positive review on iTunes. This will help me to reach a wider audience.
Resources Relevant to this Episode:
- IPCC Report on Climate Change
- Change the World Without Taking Power by John Holloway
- Crack Capitalism by John Holloway
- Confronting Empire by Arundhati Roy (this is where her famous quote comes from)
- La Via Campesina
Becky’s Revolutionary Tips for Combating Climate Change
- Join or start a climate activist group
- Always blame capitalism
- Support struggles for Indigenous land rights
- Be active in your union; identify as and with the multi-racial, multi-gendered, international working-class
- Support small-scale organic farmers (local and international)
- Support refugees and migrants
- Create despite-capitalist spaces
- Re-skill for the despite-capitalist present and post-capitalist future
- Make a radical alliance with the wild
- Defy alienation; connect deeply with self, others, and non-human nature
P.S. Sorry that this is not the episode on transportation. That will come soon, once I figure out how to record virtual interviews.